Re: Multi day catch up from the past!

Sujet : Re: Multi day catch up from the past!
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 01. Jun 2024, 04:32:14
On 5/31/24 1:34 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

On 5/31/24 6:59 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Another post found in the outbox:

Hey, thanks for asking!

THE SQUAD (2023)

A bunch of not nearly as attractive as they think they are women are
psychotic drug brokers, and tend to kill their clients before they get the
drugs which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Acting and directing that’s
not good enough for an asylum film.  Made it maybe 20 minutes into it until
I realized I was literally slack jawed.
 I actually have been wanting to see this for a little while (Meghan Carrasquillo, who has done Lifetime and Asylum stuff before, is in this, so I am morbidly curious).
 Just noticed that Tubi(!!) finally has it - This will be on my weekend viewing list now!  ;p
Fun fact: The ending of "The Squad" promises a sequel - "The Squad: Miami".
But the original seems to have been filmed in 2022 (though released in late 2023), and you know unless they filmed the sequel back-to-back with the original that the sequel is "vaporware".
Sure enough - it's now mid-2024 (that's 1.5-2 years later after filming the original), and IMDb still lists the sequel as being in "pre-production".
I am not expecting to ever get that sequel!  ;p