Re: Leftist asshole Robert De Niro Is Stripped Of Award After Trump Takedown At Courthouse

Sujet : Re: Leftist asshole Robert De Niro Is Stripped Of Award After Trump Takedown At Courthouse
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 01. Jun 2024, 22:08:01
On Jun 1, 2024 at 1:00:57 AM PDT, "B M O" <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

Robert De Niro is apparently no longer a good enough fella to receive an
award for his philanthropy.

The National Association of Broadcasters’ Leadership Foundation rescinded a
"Service to America Award" it was to give the actor next week after he
stumped for President Joe Biden outside of Donald Trump's trial, The Hill
reported on Thursday.

"This event is proudly bipartisan, uniting those from across the political
spectrum to celebrate the impactful work of local broadcasters and our
partners," a spokesperson said in a statement to the political outlet.
"While we strongly support the right of every American to exercise free
speech and participate in civic engagement, it is clear that Mr. De Niro's
recent high-profile activities will create a distraction from the
philanthropic work that we were hoping to recognize. To maintain the focus
on service of the award winners, Mr. De Niro will no longer be attending the
event."

De Niro, a persistent Trump critic, appeared outside the courthouse where
Trump was on trial this week in an event sponsored by the Biden campaign. He
said Trump wanted to destroy New York City and the rest of the country. The
RAGING BULL star also narrated a new ad blitz about Trump's threat to
democracy.

Here's a video of his speech outside the courthouse. I don't see the problem
with it.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1795619291884113920/vid/avc1/480x270/F2qbhc8_GebSIlqZ.mp4?tag=14