Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-05 (Wednesday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-05 (Wednesday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. Jun 2024, 00:46:36
On 6/7/24 1:28 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 6/6/24 8:14 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

I watched:

What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

An astonishingly bad, mess of a film.

SHE CAME BACK.
On the Tubi.

A ghost story directed by an actress, pretending to be a Director and
written and produced by someone pretending to be a writer and producer who
has no credits or credentials of any kind whatsoever.

To be fair, Megan Follows has directed stuff before this, IIRC.
 To be fair, Megan Fellows is an incompetent hack.
 To be fair, let’s say she has directorial Credits.

This disaster started in 2020 as MATERNAL and got canceled because of the
pandemic and then got resurrected for reasons that completely escape me. It
originally featured Laura Vandervort, who is still listed as being in it,
but isn’t. By the way, Laura is more skeletal and scary than ever as well
as recently engaged.

I also found a Reddit about how that nasty bitch Melissa Benoist (rhymes
with moist) was a nasty bitch to Laura when Laura was on the nasty bitches
show stupidgirl. The nasty bitch wouldn’t even appear with her, and Laura
had to do all her scenes with a double. Nasty bitch.

Anyway, this girl goes through a car accident just like the one that killed
her mother and her mother‘s evil ghost who may have been Laura Vandervort
at some point comes back and tries to get them, but the whole thing turns
out to be a series of fake outs and dreams and hallucinations and so it’s
all pointless.

At the end after reset within reset within reset it’s back to the beginning
before the second car accident and the first one may have never happened
and the mothers ghost is calling to them at the church from across the
street and steps out in front of a car and gets smooshed.

The end.

There are some hidden gems on Tubi.

And then there's lots of stuff that's... not.
 The end of this reminds me of We Are Back a Dinosaur Tail. That thing went
through half a dozen revisions and each one caused it to be a story within
a story within a story and the end of it has the narrator backing you out
of each story into the previous story to get you the hell free of it. She
came back is like we are back if you had a pretend Director, and a
nonexistent writer and producer in charge and made it even worse.
Sidenote: Tubi used to indicate how long commercial breaks would be - Today I am noticing Tubi no longer does.
(Weirder - Pluto used to not indicate how long commercial breaks would be, and recently Pluto started doing that...)