Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-06 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-06 (Thursday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. Jun 2024, 07:35:19
On 6/7/24 9:11 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

On 6/7/2024 8:21 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 6/7/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?

I had errands in the morning again, and that combined with other reasons means I didn't get to "Shogun" yesterday - I will almost certainly finish "Shogun" out today... So all I got through was:

My Husband's Killer Affair (LMN) - Well, this was disappointing! Rather than being an EVOL!! psycho bitch, Kirsten Comerford's was in fact fully a unwilling coerced dupe, forced by the husband's EVOL!!1! brother to seduce and conspire against the husband. I was hoping that Comerford was going to be EVOL!! off-the-chain in this!
    Because she wasn't, this went pretty much exactly as expected with the EVOL!!1! brother killing people left and right while blackmailing Comerford's character to do his bidding. Meh.
 Wait, so who was having the affair?
It was in my summary:
"Kirsten Comerford's [character] was in fact fully a unwilling coerced dupe, forced by the husband's EVOL!!1! brother to seduce and conspire against the husband."
So, on the orders of the EVOL brother, Comerford's character seduces the husband - that's the "affair" (it's a one-night stand - that's it!!). Then she later gets herself hired as the couple's nanny (after the EVOL brother tries to bump off their regular nanny) on the orders of the EVOL brother.
So, it was all a conspiracy from the start...

What did you watch?
 I watched:
 Bad Boys: Ride or Die (theatrical) 2024 4th movie in the Bad Boys franchise which finds almost everyone from the first three movies returning for one more adventure.  The plot involves Captain Howard (Joe Pantoliano) being framed after his death with Will Smith And Martin Lawrence jumping into action to clear his name.   Overall this was a pretty solid Fast and Furious, I mean Bad Boys movie.  And the character of "Reggie" who was introduced as a teenager dating Lawrences' daughter in the second movie, who came back to marry her in the third movie, has a very crowd pleasing scene in this one.  My only gripe is the humor wasn't funny, at all.  Whenever they are trying to be funny the movie stops dead.  But the action is great.
I don't think I've watched any past the first one. I may have seen the second one, found it awful, and swore off anymore of these - I can't remember. So there's some chance I've seen the second one... I don't think I did. But I definitely never saw the third one.
It's what I should have done with "Rush Hour" - only the first film was any good.