Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-08 (Saturday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-08 (Saturday)
De : atropos (at) *nospam* mac.com (BTR1701)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 00:01:06
In article <v455sj$3q1gf$1@dont-email.me>,
 Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:

Ubiquitous wrote:

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

Hey Ian, can you see this one?

I cannot, either.

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
I watched:

The Acolyte HATES Jedi, White Males, & Star Wars Fans |
It's WOKE 2.0 People! SPOILER-FREE Review!:
Star Wars is a dead brand, and the Acolyte does nothing
to shock it
back to life.  If anything, before this series is
through, I predict it will mutilate Star Wars beyond all
recognition - nevertheless, Doomcock
is a fair and honest supervillain.  In this review, I
actually find some good things to say about The Acolyte
before launching into the
many problems I had with these episodes.  This is as
fair as I can be folks, but make no mistake: the Acolyte
is a prime example of Woke 2.0, and as such, these first
two episodes are just easing us into the
coming disaster.  Here is my SPOILER-FREE review of
Episodes 1 and 2 of the Acolyte, and we will be
discussing these episodes at length tonight on Pop
Culture Breakdown at 7 pm Central / 5 pm Pacific!
#starwars
#disney #theacolyte
https://youtu.be/CJyLJrG4Sqs?si=ji2BWyPjpRYVYe-g

THE ACOLYTE: THIS IS WHERE THE FUN ENDS | Film Threat
Reviews: Chris Gore and Alan Ng give their overall
impressions of episodes 1-4 of �The Acolyte,� now
playing on Disney+.
https://youtu.be/dz9tlc6-TUg?si=VwsrtnHu3S8w3fM-

THE ACOLYTE: EPISODE 1 | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/2QB9S2BTifM?si=8YYUgyNR7Oer6K0r

THE ACOLYTE: EPISODE 2 | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/J8cye7rYQvg?si=VtMMw7I4dO5XVO4U

THE ACOLYTE: EPISODE 3 | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/eOFCF1RbarY?si=zoGM1bU4-0Mm1IHB

THE ACOLYTE PREDICTIONS | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/6EalQd42kHs?si=H61TOmO8oQoEMSYe

THE ACOLYTE: EPISODE 4 | Film Threat Reviews:
https://youtu.be/y4OSTXPWJM8?si=c4sKY4BaQFF1hWJj

The Acolyte Episode 1 REVIEW: MAKE IT MAKE SENSE
DISASTER!!: It's here at last. The oncoming disaster of
a Star Wars show has dropped and it's just as bad, if
not worse than many of us thought it would be. With
pathetic characters, dialogue, pacing and plot. The
NEWEST fall of Star Wars project has arrived.
https://youtu.be/vUG08uBOWZk?si=AgaBQnCTAoHywAER

The Acolyte Episode 2: Execute Order 66 Chicken
McNuggets!!: Because the writers are so beyond terrible
in this show. We are once again greeted with a show that
makes no sense, is full of contrivances and
coincidences. Not only that it's so badly done it's
laughably painful.
https://youtu.be/2kWdfZelLuI?si=sVN65Ynd80sm-IeG

If You Thought Disney Couldn�t Get Any Worse, Think
Again: Disney has released its "gayest" Star Wars show
yet. They have apparently learned nothing from their
string of failures over the past several years.
https://youtu.be/-OgJFrHVaAM?si=__qsqelmNZ-0FERX

The Acolyte Review Hilariously AWFUL Star Wars - Season
1 Episode 1: Star Wars The Acolyte is Leslye Headlands
Star Wars Series for Disney+. Since Disney bought
Lucasfilm and made Star Wars for a new audience, it's
gone down hill. While The Acolyte does look the part in
some aspects, it's like looking through a modern filter.
Everything is off, feels strange, and makes no sense.
This is just the start so can The Acolyte improve with
Amandla Stenberg? Is Star Wars The Acolyte worth
watching?
https://youtu.be/5PkeA26bz28?si=H-vz7TSzk_2yMDGB

The Acolyte Review INSANE Disney Star Wars - Season 1
Episode 2: Star Wars The Acolyte Review of Season 1
Episode 2 by Lesly Headland for Disney+. Disney bought
Lucasfilm off George Lucas to expand Star Wars but
instead have created various TV shows and movies with
little fanfare. Can this show with Amandla Stenberg
stand out from the crowd? Is a modernised version of a
classic franchise like Star Wars useful? It has replaced
people like Luke Skywalker, C3P0 and R2D2. Is the
Acolyte worth watching?
https://youtu.be/y7huox1HWaA?si=hzhWc-F_iULV4-d8

SARA GONZALES UNFILTERED:
Sara Gonzales, everyone�s favorite spicy Latina, brings
a no-holds-barred take to news and culture.
I watched a week's worth of eps.

DOCTOR WHO:
"The Pirate Planet". The Doctor and Romana learn the
second segment of the Key to Time is on the planet
Calufrax. Yet they arrive on a planet called Zanak,
which has been hollowed out and fitted with hyperspace
engines, allowing its insane, half-robot Captain to
materialise it around smaller planets and plunder their
resources. I forgot how much I hated this one and
recently discovered it was written by Douglss Adams.

Oh yeah, Tom Baker had a huge cold sore on his lips. It
was quite distracting.

You made me look!

I was curious about the cold sore comment, so I pulled
out my copy of the DVD and took a look to see what was
what.

I didn't watch the entire first episode, but early on,
the Doctor and the Real Romana <tm> are disagreeing about
how to run the Tardis. (She's reading the *manual*, of
all things!)

Of course odd things ensue which end up causing the
Doctor to face-plant into the Tardis' console and
grab his mouth. The before was no cold sore or other
blemish, but after the face-plant, there were two
small streaks of red on the corner of his mouth.

The two small streaks of red are present in the next
scenes. I'd have to watch the rest of the episode and
those following to see if those marks are still there.

Oddly enough, after the face-plant Tom Baker not only
has those two red marks near his mouth, there is another
red blotch on his right hand below the pinky finger.
The blotch is not there in the next scene.

Perhaps the face-plant was a re-do and cut in to the
flow to explain (sort of) a real-life boo-boo Baker
suffered?

Just like how the Wampa ice-creature attack on Luke in EMPIRE STRIKES
BACK was written into the film to explain the scars on Mark Hamill's
face from a real-life car accident where he broke his nose and fractured
his cheekbone that occurred between the first film and the second.