Re: Feeble Minded Trump Mocked Over Bizarre Rant About Sharks, Boats & Batteries

Sujet : Re: Feeble Minded Trump Mocked Over Bizarre Rant About Sharks, Boats & Batteries
De : prkjkfd (at) *nospam* protonmail.com (Andrew)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns rec.arts.tv alt.atheism
Suivi-à : alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date : 12. Jun 2024, 23:17:51
Trump Mocked Over 'Bizarre Rant' About Sharks
Published Jun 10, 2024 at 4:27 AM EDT

Donald Trump Mocked Over 'Bizarre Rant' About Sharks
By Ewan Palmer

Donald Trump has been mocked online after going on a tirade against sharks
and sinking boats during his recent campaign rally in Las Vegas.

During his speech in the key swing state of Nevada on Sunday, the former
president posed a hypothetical scenario in which a boat with a large
battery sinks while a shark was nearby.

"If the boat is sinking, water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking,
do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted?" Trump said. "Or do I
jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted?"

Author and frequent Trump critic Stephen King was one of those who
criticized the former president for his remarks.

"This is like listening to your senile uncle at the dinner table after he
has that third drink," King posted on X, formerly Twitter.

Trump's rally in Las Vegas on Sunday was his first large-scale open air
campaign event since he was convicted of 34 charges of falsifying business
records in New York.

Trump has frequently discussed his dislike of electric vehicles, and
previously used the electrocution or shark attack comparison during a
campaign speech in the landlocked state of Iowa last October.

The Republican also said he posed the question on whether someone would
get
electrocuted if an electric boat sank during a speech in Michigan in
September 2023.

The former president is also said to have a strong dislike of sharks,
including telling a crowd of his supporters during a rally in Pennsylvania
in August 2020: "I'm not a big fan of sharks. I have people calling me up,
'Sir, we have a fund to save the shark, it's called Save The Shark.'

"I say 'no thank you, I have other things I can contribute to."
Donald Trump in Las Vegas
Republican presidential candidate, former U.S. President Donald Trump
speaks during his campaign rally at Sunset Park on June 09, 2024 in Las
Vegas, Nevada. Brandon Bell/Getty Images
What We Know

During his speech on Sunday, Trump described how he posed a question which
"nobody's ever asked" before about whether it would be better to be
electrocuted on a boat or eaten by a shark in the ocean.

"I say, what would happen if the boat sank from its weight, and you're in
the boat, and you have this tremendously powerful battery, and the battery
is now underwater. And there's a shark that's approximately 10 yards over
there," Trump said.

"By the way, lot of shark attacks lately, I watched some guys justifying
it
today. 'Well, they weren't really that angry. They bit off the young
lady's
leg because of the fact that they were, they were not hungry, but they
misunderstood who she was," Trump added. "He said 'there's no problem with
sharks, they just didn't really understand a young woman's swimming. She
really got decimated and other people too, a lot of shark attacks."

Returning back to his original point, Trump continues: "So I said, there's
a shark 10 yards away from the boat, do I get electrocuted? If the boat is
sinking, water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking, do I stay on
top
of the boat and get electrocuted? Or do I jump over by the shark and not
get electrocuted?

"Because I will tell you he didn't know the answer. He said, 'you know,
nobody's ever asked me that question.' I said I think it's a good
question.
I think there's a lot of electric current coming to that water. But you
know what I'd do? If there was a shark or you get electrocuted, I'll take
electrocution every single time. I'm not getting near the shark."

A number of social media users have now ridiculed Trump for his comments
during Sunday's rally.

Harry Sisson, who is part of a Biden administration initiative to promote
the president's 2024 campaign on social media, wrote: "WHAT?! Trump just
ranted about sharks, boats, batteries, and water in an incoherent rant.
Trump's brain is malfunctioning every day at this point. This is utter
nonsense. Go ahead, try to make sense of any of this..."

Former NBC senior executive Mike Sington said: "People are standing
outside
in hundred degree heat in Las Vegas to hear Trump babble on and on about
sharks and batteries. He doesn't talk about you, or what he's going to do
for you, or your future.

"It's always about him, or meaningless nonsense. He's a complete waste of
time."

Political scientist Norman Ornstein added: "I just hope he ends up in a
prison where he can get the help he so desperately needs."

Trump's office has been contacted for comment via email.
What's Next

Trump has yet to confirm where his next 2024 campaign rally will be held.

Trump is a lowlife.