Re: The end of human-generated music in movies, TV and more?

Sujet : Re: The end of human-generated music in movies, TV and more?
De : nobody (at) *nospam* nowhere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Jun 2024, 04:35:16
On 6/13/2024 9:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
On Jun 13, 2024 at 2:03:01 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

Rick Beato thinks we've reached the point he's been warning about: AI
is now able to generate music that many people can't recognize as AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbo6SdyWGns [9]

Strangely enough, his kids, who are WAY more knowledgeable about music
than most kids, can easily spot the AI songs where Beato himself has
trouble.

I truly hope AI can't do engraving, otherwise BTR1701 may not be able
to do it for money any longer!
 I've seen demonstrations of what purport to be the cutting edge of AI scanning
and recognition software when applied to music and while it does a good job
with clearly legible handwritten notation of one-line melodies and simple
chords, the moment it's given a page of something like Jerry Goldsmith's score
for ALIEN, with both it's terrible penmanship and grainy/faded image quality
that's been copied and recopied a dozen times, the software has the equivalent
of a nervous breakdown and produces something out of a George Crumb fever
dream:
 https://ibb.co/j8zKYxv
 So I think I'm safe from musical Skynet for now.
I suspect (though admittedly uncertainly) that it's much easier for AI to write music "in the style of" than to create "new and pleasing".