Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-13 (Thursday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-13 (Thursday)
De : arthur (at) *nospam* alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 14. Jun 2024, 21:36:35
On 6/14/2024 11:24 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
Looks like no one else has done one of these for today.
 I had to run morning errands, so I'll throw out a quick one...
 Yesterday I watched:
 soaps (without comment) - DOOL, B&B (partial), Y&R, and GH
 Station Eleven (Max) - Episodes #5 & #6.
    Ep. #5 was better again, as it focused on a Day One storyline (and gave backstory on the Prophet).
    Ep. #6 was a mess, as they seem to be backpedaling on making the Prophet a bad guy, which is utterly nonsensical.
    Four more ep's to go.

Having a prophet doesn't make me want to watch this show.

I forgot to watch LMN's "Death Down the Aisle", so recorded the late showing for later viewing.
  What did you watch?

I watched:
Batman: Bad Blood (blu-ray) 2016 DC animated movie set in the DCAMU. Yet another Batman movie with the annoying Bat Brat Damian?  Well, let's dive in.  The movie opens with a new character, Batwoman (Yvonne Strahovski) heading out on patrol.  She has ripped off Batman's style but unlike him she uses guns.  Batwoman runs into Batman as the two are after the same thugs.  Batman doesn't like she's copying him, but quickly lets it slide because they have bigger fish to fry.  But the thugs get the drop on then and Batwoman just barely escapes as the building structure they are on blows up.  With Batman presumed dead Nightwing returns to Gotham and pretends to be Batman to keep the criminals from learning Batman is missing.  Of course Batman's annoying brat Robin is still around and a new character Luke Fox is introduced and goes on to become Batwing.  With the Bat family (minus Batgirl) in place it's' up to them to track down Bruce and save the city.  Overall it was pretty good.
The Boys (Amazon streaming) - "Department of Dirty Tricks," "Life Among the Septics," and "We'll Keep the Red Flag Flying Here." First three episodes of season 4.  They all blured together.  But basically Homelander brings in the smarter person on Earth to help him set himself up as some sort of dictator.  The super smart supe is implementing a plan, but Homelander being Homelander can't always stick to the plan. Overall, the first three episodes were just OK.