Re: TV news for June 8-16, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for June 8-16, 2024
De : nanoflower (at) *nospam* notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 17. Jun 2024, 04:59:18
On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 17:42:24 -0400, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

ABC news

Jason George Returning To ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ As Series Regular  (June 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/jason-george-return-greys-anatomy-season-21-ben-warren-1235971421/

Did anyone expect anything different? He's been showing up on Greys
every so often during his time on STATION 19 and his marriage to his
wife has been shown to be fine. So I fully expect him to return to
Greys. Though I'm not sure he will get any more screen time on the
show given the direction to cut back on everyone's hours.

CBS news

‘Survivor’: CBS Planning “Year-Long” Celebration For Season 50  (June 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/survivor-cbs-season-50-1235970491/

I don't know what they can do for an entire year to celebrate season
50. Also given the fix is going to be in with prior arrangements
between players I'm not so sure how excited I will be about Season 50.

CBS Plans Comedy Pilots & Eyes Cooking Shows As Boss Amy Reisenbach
Ignores Corporate Noise  (June 11)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/cbs-amy-reisenbach-interview-comedy-cooking-1235970463/

Sure, we need more cheap to produce cooking shows on network TVs. At
this point the only cooking show I'm regularly checking out is TOP
CHEF on Bravo.

Cable channel news

‘The Institute’: Ben Barnes & Mary-Louise Parker To Star In Series
Ordered By MGM+ Based On Stephen King’s Novel  (June 13)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/the-institute-ben-barnes-mary-louise-parker-mgm-plus-stephen-king-1235972273/

["In the eight-episode 'The Institute,' When 12-year-old genius Luke
Ellis is kidnapped, he awakens at The Institute, a facility full of
children who all got there the same way he did, and who are all
possessed of unusual abilities. In a nearby town, haunted former police
officer Tim Jamieson (Ben Barnes) has come looking to start a new life,
but the peace and quiet won’t last, as his story and Luke’s are destined
to collide."]

Sounds like a spin on the ideas behind EUREKA. Though this is clearly
not intended to have the comedic elements of EUREKA. I'll certainly be
checking it out.

‘The Rainmaker’ Series From Michael Seitzman Ordered By USA Network In
Scripted Relaunch  (June 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/the-rainmaker-michael-seitzman-john-grisham-usa-network-1235971575/

["In 'The Rainmaker,' fresh out of law school, Rudy Baylor goes
head-to-head with courtroom lion Leo Drummond as well as his law school
girlfriend. Rudy, along with his boss and her disheveled paralegal,
uncover two connected conspiracies surrounding the mysterious death of
their client’s son."]

I'll check it out IFF the reports from WQ and others are good once it
airs.

Streaming service news--Apple TV+

Jon Stewart Explains Apple Had “A Different Agenda” For His Canceled
‘The Problem With Jon Stewart’ Show: They “Don’t Want That Smoke”  (June 15)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/jon-stewart-apple-different-agenda-canceled-the-problem-show-1235974672/

Yeah, Apple is clearly focused on not upsetting any of their potential
advertisers or partners. Stewart is much better off over on THE DAILY
SHOW where the limitations are few.

‘The Instigators’ Trailer: Matt Damon & Casey Affleck Look To Rob
Politician In Doug Liman’s Apple Thriller  (June 13)

https://deadline.com/video/the-instigators-trailer-matt-damon-casey-affleck-apple/

["Directed by Doug Liman ('Road House'), from a script by Chuck MacLean
and Affleck, the film follows Rory (Damon) and Cobby (Affleck), who find
themselves reluctant partners: a desperate father and an ex-con thrown
together to pull off a robbery of the ill-gained earnings of a corrupt
politician. But when the heist goes wrong, the two find themselves
engulfed in a whirlwind of chaos, pursued not only by police, but also
backwards bureaucrats and vengeful crime bosses. Completely out of their
depth, they convince Rory’s therapist (Hong Chau) to join their riotous
getaway through the city, where they must put aside their differences
and work together to evade capture — or worse."]

‘Hijack’ Season 2: Toby Jones, Lisa Vicari & Christiane Paul Join Idris
Elba In Apple Thriller; Filming Underway  (June 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/hijack-season-2-toby-jones-lisa-vicari-christiane-paul-join-idris-elba-apple-1235971218/

So Elba is going to keep getting hijacked as he travels around the
world?

First Footage Of ‘Severance’ & ‘Silo’ Season 2, More In Apple Teaser
Video  (June 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/severance-silo-season-2-first-footage-pachinko-apple-teaser-trailer-1235969118/

Cool. I wasn't sure if these shows were going to return when it's been
so long since they last aired.

Shawn Ryan Inks Big Overall Deal With Netflix, Signaling Potential
‘Night Agent’ Universe Expansion  (June 10)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/shawn-ryan-overall-deal-netflix-the-night-agent-universe-1235969102/

Hmm, so they are going to try and build out the international special
agents group? Are they all going to be officially FBI agents or part
of a new organization?

‘The Boys’ Boss Eric Kripke On What To Expect In Final Season 5,
Potential Jeffrey Dean Morgan Spinoff & Season 4’s “Scary” Political
Poignancy (June 13)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/the-boys-final-season-plans-eric-kripke-1235972141/

‘Criminal’ Sets Marvin Jones III, Michael Xavier & Dominic Burgess In
Recurring Roles  (June 12)

https://deadline.com/2024/06/criminal-casts-marvin-jones-iii-michael-xavier-dominic-burgess-in-recurring-roles-1235971840/