Re: Selected programming for June 19-21, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 19-21, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 17. Jun 2024, 16:17:38
On 6/16/24 10:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

         Thursday, June 20
       Streaming:
  Federer: Twelve Final Days        (documentary)          (12:01 am, Prime Video)
 "Federer: Twelve Final Days" is a feature-length documentary chronicling the final 12 days of Roger Federer’s professional tennis career. Originally a home video never intended for public viewing, the film captures Federer at his most vulnerable and candid self, as he says goodbye to a game and the fans that shaped his life for the last two decades. 1h 28m.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Xn8Olq5-0
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31392065/
My sister may want to watch this!

Perfect Wife: The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherri Papini [new; complete limited series]            (12:01 am, Hulu)
 Keith and Sherri Papini’s seemingly idyllic family life is shattered when Sherri vanishes from their rural California neighborhood, triggering a frenzied search that becomes news around the world. But once Sherri is found, a new nightmare begins. Three episodes.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hot1ECXMe0A
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28493589/
I've already seen the Lifetime flick...  :|

Hart to Heart        (season 4 premiere)        (3:01 am, Peacock)
 A-list entertainers, athletes and public figures reveal their honest, unfiltered and unexpected true selves over a glass of wine with Kevin Hart.
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14809614/
That's not "Hart to Hart"!!

Sins of the Bride       (movie)         (3:01 am, Tubi)
 A bride’s revenge fling with the best man turns her world upside down when her supposedly AWOL groom returns, leading to a fraught marriage haunted by guilt and a vindictive secret-holder bent on destroying their fragile happily ever after. Stars Kyle Kankonde, Titus Makin Jr., Charlie N. Townsend, Anissa Felix, Dara Woo and Donna Winfield. 1 hr 29 min.
 https://tubitv.com/movies/100022660/sins-of-the-bride
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31968531/    [stub]
Meh - there are better iterations of this kind of story...

     Broadcast and cable:
  My Two Husbands      (movie)         (8 pm, LMN)
 Charming flight attendant Brooke juggles two marriages, one with her high school sweetheart Stefan and the other to an older, successful businessman, Dane, who she and Stefan plan to fleece for a windfall of cash. However, Dane’s suspicious daughter Eliza threatens to unmask the truth, while Brooke also begins to regret her part in the plan, leading to a potentially deadly showdown between Brooke, Eliza, and Stefan. Stars Kabby Borders, Isabelle Almoyan, and Jon Briddell.
 https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-two-husbands
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28798990/
Looking forward to this one!!  :)

         Friday, June 21
       Streaming:
  Shoresy        (complete season 3)          (3:01 am, Hulu)
 Foul-mouthed, chirp-serving, mother-loving, fan favorite "Letterkenny" character Shoresy (Jared Keeso) joins the Sudbury Bulldogs of the Northern Ontario Senior Hockey Organization (aka The NOSHO) on a quest to never lose again. Originates with the Canadian streamer Crave, which has ordered season 4.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb7aEThIdKw
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18249282/    [rating 8.5]
 https://www.hulu.com/series/shoresy-35e7a994-c7e8-4b5d-97d3-e2c8a4d1d75b
"Letterkenny" and this are still on my list, but I have no idea if/when I will ever get to them....

Trigger Warning        (movie)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
 Jessica Alba plays a Special Forces commando turned barkeeper
Are they kidding?! Is this a joke?!!...

who must confront a violent gang in her hometown. Mark Webber, Tone Bell, Jake Weary, Gabriel Basso and Anthony Michael Hall also star. 1h 46m.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnHTLh6ruW0
 https://www.netflix.com/title/81064546
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834874/
I'd almost be interested in this, for Anthony Michael Hall, but it's on the Netflix, which nobody gets!

Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood      [new]         (3:01 am, Max)
 The 2x60 docuseries explores the gripping feud between global pop-superstar Taylor Swift and music industry mogul Scooter Braun, delving into the $300 million dispute after Braun bought the rights to Swift's first six albums in June 2019.
That would be two hours of my life I would never get back!!

Kung Fu Panda 4        (movie; streaming premiere)         (3:01 am, Peacock)
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21692408/     [rating 6.3]
Yeah, I think Peacock may have mentioned this to me!...  ;p

Killing Hip Hop       (documentary)         (3:01 am, Tubi)
 Hip Hop, America’s beloved genre, has given rise to modern day prophets. But, too often, their stardom has deadly consequences. "Killing Hip Hop" is a deep dive into these lives and premature deaths. [Presumably the four-episode series listed on IMDb, below.]
 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32431832/
Bah!

     Broadcast and cable:
  No Time To Spy: A Loud House Movie       (movie)        (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
 Animated film.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPGMqXUFl0
I prefer the live-action spinoff.

Note: There is no premiere on Hallmark Mystery tonight. The 9 pm movie is a 2023 Christmas film, "Mystery on Mistletoe Lane," starring the ever-popular duo of Erica Cerra and Victor Webster.
Erica!!

 (end)
I was hoping for more here - even Tubi has let us down!!  :(