Re: Selected programming for June 19-21, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 19-21, 2024
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 17. Jun 2024, 21:21:38
Mon, 17 Jun 2024 15:50:26 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 6/16/24 10:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Trigger Warning        (movie)          (3:01 am, Netflix)

Jessica Alba plays a Special Forces commando turned barkeeper

Are they kidding?! Is this a joke?!!...

Not if she wears a bikini throughout. That's how you tell they are
taking the plot seriously.

If you've ever played a game like World of Warcraft you would know
that the more skin that is showing the better the armor is.

Good point. I just like that Jessica always keeps herself in good
athletic shape and doesn't appear to starve herself into skinniness.

Taylor Swift vs Scooter Braun: Bad Blood
[new]         (3:01 am, Max)

The 2x60 docuseries explores the gripping feud between global
pop-superstar Taylor Swift and music industry mogul Scooter Braun,
delving into the $300 million dispute after Braun bought the rights to
Swift's first six albums in June 2019.

That would be two hours of my life I would never get back!!

What is there to discuss? She never owned the physical master
recordings, which is typical of musicians paid by a major recording
label. She figured out a solution: She re-recorded them, then
re-released them, then made a ton of money by exploiting her oldest
material, songs about all the boys she dumped in junior high school and
how they disappointed her.

There. I did you a favor, Ian.

I don't like her music (I'm not her intended audience), but damn,
her business skills are incredible.

Yeah, for anyone that likely might care enough to watch this they
likely already know the story. You've summarized it quite well.

I think there was a business story about it that I read or heard on
radio.

The only bits you might have included where about the personal issues
Taylor had with the guy, but again it is the sort of detail I expect
any Taylor fan already knows.

All her personal issues are business issues. She always writes a song.