Re: Dr. Who The Pirate Planet Revisited (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-08 (Saturday))

Sujet : Re: Dr. Who The Pirate Planet Revisited (was: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-08 (Saturday))
De : Nyssa (at) *nospam* LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Suivi-à : rec.arts.tv
Date : 17. Jun 2024, 23:36:17
anim8rfsk wrote:

Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:
This all started because Ubi watched The Pirate Planet
and complained that Tom Baker's cold sore distracted him
from the story.

I have the DVD for The Pirate Planet, so watched the
episode to see what was going on. The injury was written
into the story with the Doctor having a face-plant into
the Tardis console when he and Romana went through some
temporal turbulence.

Since the DID was already in the player, I decided to
finish watching the rest of the episodes this afternoon.
Afterward I noticed that there was a commentary track, so
restarted the first episode with commentary on.

The commentators were the director and the actor who
played the pirate captain.

The mystery of the facial injury of Tom Baker was
explained by the director. YAY!

It seems that Baker was playing with a friend's dog, and
the naughty dog bit him on the mouth, leaving the two
cuts around the corner of his mouth. (Didn't the dog know
that he was playing with a big celebrity?) The director
and writer came up with the cover-up scene of the
face-plant that gave a reason for the cuts for the rest
of the four episodes.

The intro to the initial scene on the Tardis where
Baker's mouth was unhurt was taped after the cuts healed
and was edited in to lead into the face-plant portion of
the scene.

So for all of you who have been losing sleep wondering
about the Doctor's mysterious injury can now get some
sleep.

Nyssa, who probably could have found more productive
things to do this afternoon, but at least she finally got
the answer we've all been wondering about Doctor Who and
his blemish

Yay! I think I speak for everyone here when I thank you
for your sacrifice.

:)

Nyssa, who was willing to take one for the team