Re: Donald Sutherland Has Died at 88

Sujet : Re: Donald Sutherland Has Died at 88
De : fredp1571 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (FPP)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 21. Jun 2024, 03:49:02
On 6/20/24 6:46 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 17:40:19 -0400, Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
wrote:

Ian J. Ball wrote:

Obit from Variety:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-sutherland-dead-mash-hunger-
games-1236043323/

He's had a long career, and was working pretty much right
up until the end. That's a good run.

He was one of my favorite actors. The guy could be believable
in just about any part handed to him

In his honor, I've pulled out the DVDs for Kelly's Heroes
and The Eagle Has Landed for weekend viewing.

R.I.P. Donald. :(

Nyssa, who has MASH, but on VHS and doesn't want to
fiddle with the combo player on the other TV to watch
it again
 I thought he was great in MASH but for my money his role as the
president in Hunger Games was better yet. (With his best scene being
where he forced his subordinate to take poison - I don't recall a more
evil character in the movies!)
 I see IMDB has already acknowledged his passing and updated his dates
in his personal entry.

Always was partial to The Great Train Robbery... Connery and Sutherland heist movie was gold.
--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0