Re: cataract surgery update

Sujet : Re: cataract surgery update
De : jeffl (at) *nospam* cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 04. Apr 2024, 20:02:53
On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 03:32:12 -0400, Catrike Ryder
<Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

It's been two years since my cataract surgery. I had my annual eye
checkup yesterday and discovered my right eye has deteriorated to to
20-40. The doctor said that quite often there's a  "cloudy" buildup
under the new lens and that's the problem. She said it's easily
corrected with a lazer. Done in the office without surgery. Mine isn't
bad enough for that yet, and my left eye is still 20-20, even though
there's some cloudy stuff there too. Maybe next year.

"Posterior Capsular Opacification"
<https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24737-posterior-capsular-opacification>
"Secondary cataracts are the most common complication of cataract
surgery. They affect up to 50% of people who have cataract surgery
within five years of the surgery."

"What to Know About a Posterior Capsulotomy (YAG Laser)"
<https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/cataracts/what-to-know-about-posterior-capsulotomy-yag-laser>
"About 20% to 50% of patients will deal with it within 2-5 years of
the cataract surgery."
"It’s a surgery that can be done in the ophthalmologist’s office and
can take as little as five minutes".

It's too soon for me to need the procedure.  Best of luck with
whatever you decide to do.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com