Re: Allez

Sujet : Re: Allez
De : Soloman (at) *nospam* old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 25. Mar 2024, 21:31:25
On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:53:18 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:51:06 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:
On 3/24/2024 1:52 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 16:08:14 GMT, Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Well, of course I know that now. But at the time I couldn't even find my
normal MD GP and had to use Google Maps to find everything.

I know how well that turned out:
<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6912346811772932096/>
"I got a severe concussion in 2010 that led to a type of seizures that
I didn't remember afterwards. This wasn't discovered and treated
properly until 2012 after 4 car wrecks luckily without any injuries"

Flunky believed that to be funny.

I agree.  Methinks it's really funny how a TBI (traumatic brain
injury) could make you unable to understand different driver bit
types.

Severe concussion isn?t a diagnosis, concussion is a mild brain injury,
which may or may not leave cognitive impairments, if so it?s diagnosed as
Post Concussion Syndrome.

As ever these things are notoriously difficult to give prognosis ie level
of physical injury or even the Glasgow coma Score (and similar) give only a
broad idea of the level of cognitive impairment and thus disability.

In terms of bit types being way off the bell curve now, ie my memory is
dreadful, I take parts with me or have the reference number or take bike to
bike shop and say I want one of these please.

Also, how you were allegedly allowed to drive after wrecking
one car, much less after trashing 4 cars.

It?s less the brain injury assuming no loss of consciousness as it?s mild
that is what concussion means, I for example had to wait 6 months and the
DVLA needed a medical report etc.

but getting seizures and medication for it, which very much would be
reportable in the UK, and absolutely no way he?d keep his license. Which
would need to be surrender to the authorities and wait x time until no
seizures.

I can?t believe that American is any less lax in this regard.

That would depend largely on which part of this vast nation you live,
but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to know that tommy wrecked 4
cars before his license came under review, then may even have continued
to drive after it was pulled.

Roger Merriman

In uk the NHS has resisted efforts to force them to inform the DVLA as well
doctor/patient confidentiality. As it stands it?s up to you to inform the
DVLA which if one does then after x period you can start driving even
before medical documentation and you have your physical license back.

If though you don?t and are discovered will quite apart from a hefty fine
(potentially) will have to wait for every form (and their is multiple!) etc
to be processed and your physical license back!

Roger Merriman

You need a doctor's permission to drive?

Other way around at least personally I was advised not to drive for 6
months and to inform the DVLA as significant head injury, and needed the
Doctor to sign off that they didn’t have any concerns at the end of the 6
months, other conditions and so will vary.

The medical bods will not tell the DVLA but clearly if one was discovered
to have ignored medical advice…

But other medical conditions such as diabetes or epilepsy or even some
conditions with eyes will require checks or simply such as epilepsy that
needs to be X gap (I think a year?) after last seizure before one can drive
and so on.

Roger Merriman

I couldn't live in the UK.. or most anywhere else othrr than the USA.
It's even getting less comfortable for me in the USA.  I'm not a fan
of outside interence in my personal live.