Re: Pan

Sujet : Re: Pan
De : jeffl (at) *nospam* cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 06. Sep 2024, 23:14:57
On Fri, 06 Sep 2024 17:02:25 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

On Wed Sep 4 21:48:06 2024 Jeff Liebermann  wrote:
On Wed, 04 Sep 2024 19:24:01 GMT, cyclintom wrote:

So does anyone know how to set up Pan?

On version 0.155, it's done like the following:

"Edit" -> "Edit News Servers" -> "Add"

No guarantee that it's the same on your older Windoze version.

Don't forget to pretend that you can't read this message because your
BitDefender autie-virus program won't let you.  For permission to read
this messages, fix your "parental controls" or just cease lying.

BitDefender doesn't block your messages, only your citations because they have viruses in them.

What's a citation?  Is that like a link or URL?

I added "www.news.eternal-september.org - 119" and it still had no effect.

Try:  news.eternal-september.org  instead.  You don't need the 119
(port number) because everything that your newshosting.com news reader
sees is NNTP on port 119.

I did fine a message that said "Pan 2 Tasks qued, none running"

That came from your unsuccessful attempts to install, configure and
eventually use Pan for Windoze you your computah.

Be sure to ignore all advice from me so that you will be beating your
head against the proverbial wall forever.  Also, don't answer any of
the questions I ask so that I can't offer additional advice.

Reminder:  Your newshosting.org reader continues to mangle your
Subject line in your NNTP header like this:
  Subject: RE: Re: Pan
You might want to fix that after you're done struggling with the
multiple you're creating.

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com
PO Box 272      http://www.LearnByDestroying.com