Re: New spd shoes = not so good

Sujet : Re: New spd shoes = not so good
De : Soloman (at) *nospam* old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 15. Aug 2024, 17:48:26
On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 15:25:36 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

Unfortunately, with 260 miles on the new Shimano SH-XC300 shoes are no
more comfortable than my last pair, perhaps even worse. I have trouble
with metatarsal pain after about 40 miles. Last Tuesday, I stopped on
my ride to move the cleats further back and it didn't help. I'm going
to move them further forward, but I expect that will only make them
worse. Alas, I've lived with it for many years, so it's nothing new.

I did used to have occasionally some of that hot spots with the more budget
roadie shoes I had at the time, and if I was grinding as well the road bike
had gearing for the era so I did tend to be over geared.

Though the Single speed bike didn’t seem to suffer from that but I had
better for me at least shoes and pedals on that, ie MTB Flats.

Roger Merriman

Unfortuntely, I cannot use flat pedals. I need to be attached to the
pedals. I just ordered some adhesive metarsal pads and I will install
them under the replacement high arch inner soles where they won't be
inclined to move around.