Re: Chains

Sujet : Re: Chains
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 25. May 2024, 14:37:45
On 5/25/2024 6:39 AM, db wrote:
My feeling has always been that the cheapest chains are
as good as any, because they all experience grinding wear
of the pins, and I have never had problems with chains
other than this, so they get longer and get noisy on the
chain wheel and rear sprocket. But the chains I bought
a few days ago sound bad from the start, so maybe I was
wrong, and there can be too-cheap chains.
 What do you lot reckon?

Chain varies in steel alloy, hardness of the various components, fit tolerances and surface finish of the wearing surfaces. There are significant wear rate differences among brands.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org