Re: A small piece of metalwork - mounting an Aura 100 lamp on the fork

Sujet : Re: A small piece of metalwork - mounting an Aura 100 lamp on the fork
De : funkmasterxx (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (zen cycle)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 12:59:04
On 6/2/2024 3:43 AM, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
Ortlieb Classic
Nice work. Might want some Loctite on the threads if you haven't already.
This is just my personal preference, but I don't like lights mounted that low. They create long shadows over the slightest ripple in the pavement such that what's really in that shadow - just smooth pavement or a wheel eating pothole - isn't obvious until you're right on top of it.
I don't ride at night any more, but when I did I had a headlamp that I mounted to a Bell V-1 with the battery cord down my back to to a fanny pack. It made the beam angle nice and high which gave a much better view of the terrain (shorter shadows) and also light up where I was turning into instead of where the front of the bike was pointed.