Re: Cycling in Poland

Sujet : Re: Cycling in Poland
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 04. Jul 2024, 21:17:50
On 7/4/2024 2:07 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 12:33:04 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

On 7/4/2024 11:23 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 11:02:24 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/04/opinion/on-bike-ride-from-auschwitz-polands-warm-welcome-for-jews/

  From that cite:

"Poland today is “the safest place for Jews in Europe,” as Queens-born
Jonathan Ornstein, the powerful speaker who built and leads the JCC
Krakow, put it.

The contrast with the New York I’d left behind was unavoidable.

The same evening we gathered for dinner, anti-Israel protesters
stormed a Democratic Party fundraiser near Madison Square Garden —
just another assault in the ongoing series of such actions in a city
where antisemitism has become all too apparent.

*******************

Jewish people should carry guns in some places.

Absolutely.

I was a big fan of Meir Kahane ('Never Again', 'Every Jew a
.22') over 50 years ago. He was ahead of his time and much
missed.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/16/us/adl-antisemtism-2023-audit-reaj/index.html
 I know..  I wouldn't go for a 3 AM walk in most parts of Chicago, even
with a gun. I think I feel that way about most, maybe all big cities.
Tampa, Orlando and Miami included, St Pete, most definately included.
That's not to say the suburbs are safe.  I lived for a while on my
boat in Bradenton. I had my car broken into there. I chased an
intruder off my boat in St. Pete Beach. I had better luck in a marina
in Ruskin, but the boat in the slip next to me in Tarpon Springs got
broken into.
At one time I was in North Lawndale Chicago from time to time. Wouldn't think of going there unarmed, then or now. Fortunately I no longer have any reason to be there.
In my daughter's neighborhood, Rogers Park, there are drive-bys now and a spate of recent murders at her nearby subway station
https://cwbchicago.com/2024/06/another-man-murdered-near-howard-cta-station-2nd-in-8-days.html
but in risk assessment that risk is lower than a vengeful prosecution for carrying w/o IL permit.
Incarceration for violent criminals has become politically undesirable among The Powers That Be:
https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/uptown-man-opened-fire-on-a-busy-street-corner-while-on-an-ankle-monitor-for-another-gun-case-prosecutors-say.html
https://cwbchicago.com/2024/07/migrant-bit-chicago-cop-twice-during-arrest-while-on-pretrial-release-for-biting-another-cop-prosecutors.html
or the same in any metro area overnight news.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org