Re: Microsodft

Sujet : Re: Microsodft
De : funkmasterxx (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (zen cycle)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 08. Sep 2024, 14:21:12
On 9/7/2024 2:16 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 7 Sep 2024 08:44:14 -0400, zen cycle
<funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

On 9/6/2024 4:43 PM, cyclintom wrote:
I have a mail address on outlook that uses my name rather than cyclintom and since 2009 when I again was interested in looking for work, it has had 5200 job offers.

It has 5200 head hunter ads, not job offers.
 2009 would have been 15 years ago.  That's 346 offers per year or
approximately 1 offer per day.  That's really impressive.  Assuming no
repeat offers or spammers, I suspect there aren't enough employment
recruiting agencies available to produce that many offers.
 2009 is problematic because Tom had his head injury some time near the
end of 2009.  It allegedly took 4 years for Tom to recover.  Somehow,
I don't see Tom applying for work while dealing with epileptic
seizures, driving difficulties, insurance issues from four destroyed
Ford Taurus vehicles, and an outstanding warrants for a DUI and
failure to appear.
 There's another problem.  Hiring senior management can be expensive to
the employer at 15% to 25% of the employees first year salary.  For a
$150,000 salary, that's about $30,000 in fees:
<https://eddy.com/hr-encyclopedia/recruitment-fees/>
Given the choice between paying an agency such a large amount and
finding their own employees, many companies will opt for the cheaper
route.  (That's what happened to me when I was looking).  For the
recruiters to be paid, the employee is required to work for the
company for at least 1 year and sometimes longer.  One look at Tom's
resume and the job hopping would certainly have been noticed.
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/details/experience/>
What this tells me is that Tom has never even talked to a recruiter.
I'm quite sure he did. You're referring to a different recruiting process. The people tommy has been talking with are recruiters who are given leads to follow up on based predominantly keyword search algorithms but aren't contracted by the employer or employee. I get on average one phone call per day for different positions and several emails per day into my personal email client (the one listed in my linkedin profile) some of which are appropriate, some aren't. Half the time the phone calls are from a call center in India, and many of those cases the caller is barely intelligible from a combination of weak english skills and call center background noise.
Often times they are working on a position based on something from my resume twenty years ago. Example - I worked in the medical electronics industry off and on during the 80's and 90's. I also have listed some of my engineering quality control/management experience, and many of the calls are for QC-focused positions in the medical electronics area.
But you're correct in that the types of recruiters you're referring to probably wouldn't have contacted tommy - too many red flags.

Apparently that is painful to people like "shadow" and Liebermann
but such is life. They seem to be in the business of denying my
success. They can do anything they like, if it is that painful
to them, why comment at all?
 True.  There are some things that I don't disclose in public forums.
Since I'm retired, I've been mentioning some of my failures and
embarrassments more often.
 Please remember that what I do, don't do, or do badly has no effect on
your claims, assertions, boasts, credibility, competence, etc.  You
have to prove those to your readers without comparing yourself with
anyone else.  Cutting someone else down does not raise your
competence.
 As to me being in the business of denying your success, I'll consider
denying your success when I see you demonstrate 3rd party proof that
you were or are a success.  So far, I haven't seen any such proof.
Assertions, claims, proclamations and lies are insufficient proof.

Without a degree and with most of my references dead, a large
prortion of the jobs are running QC divisions and that sort of thing.
I am a scientist

lol...now tommy is a "scientist"!
 At some point, he claimed to have been something like a "senior
management consultant" or something similar, which should pay better
than a scientist.
He can also shoot a quarter out of someones hand at 100 yards and incapacitate anyone in this forum with one arm tied behind his back!
<snip>

You've never had a job offer for 200K. You had a head hunter call you
based on keyword searches in your linkedin profile and tell you about a
job that had 200K as the upper end of the scale. They subsequently hung
up when they realized they were talking to an arrogant asshole who lied
on his resume
 I'm not sure that the way it works today, but was likely the method
used by recruiters when Tom was working.  As I understand it (possibly
wrong), prospective candidates rarely are able to talk with the
recruiter until the agency has verified the resume and done a thorough
background check.
It's worked that way for many years and continues today. What tommy is talking about are the cold calls and emails sent out by companies fishing for clients.  I've spoken with several recruiters that way, as recently as a few weeks ago.

Salary is initially mentioned as a very broad
range.  At least that was what happened to a friend's son who was
worried about job security and used a recruiter to see what was
available.  I have no idea if that's typical.
That's different and is typical. The last time I was looking for a job I connected with several recruiting agencies.
- They do a phone interview once they get a chance to review your resume
- If the phone interview goes well, they check your references
- If everything lines up, they start searching for matching positions
That was the process when I got the job I have now, and the job I had before that.