16 weeks shaky to say the least

Sujet : 16 weeks shaky to say the least
De : mcleary08 (at) *nospam* comcast.net (Mark J cleary)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 10. Sep 2024, 18:42:15
Ok had the big crash 05/20/24 (other thread explains.) Broken collarbone, hand, and great trochanter too. The great trochanter was not found in original x ray only a month ago. Not displaced but hurts in some positions. I have been riding indoor train pretty much with maybe 4 weeks off during parts of recovery. I ride usually 25-35 miles inside. Use my regular clipless pedals.
Today first ride outside in 16 weeks I have some sciatica in my right leg, the one with broken trochanter. Stopping and simply standing on the leg and unclipping had me worried. My leg can give out in certain positions so very cautious. I bought some flat pedals with spikes thinking that would be easier to deal with. However, today I did a 25-mile ride out in the country stay away from anything potentially problematic. Well now I cannot ride in flat pedals I was completely off. Could not get a groove going because my shoe keeps hitting the cranks at various points and sometimes, I overpower pushing down and simply cannot pedal smoothly at all or least for very long.
My first question is if anyone else has ever done this going back to flat pedals and cannot use them well? Second question is I think the trochanter is not so bad of a problem. but the sciatic nerve touchy so feel unbalance stopping to dismount. My sciatic nerve does not hurt so much at all but just the tingling on the outside of leg going down to foot. Does not go numb and my back does not hurt. Anyone deal with this issue?
--
Deacon Mark