Re: Direct Drive Trainer

Sujet : Re: Direct Drive Trainer
De : funkmaster (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (Zen Cycle)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 19. Sep 2024, 22:18:09
On 9/19/2024 12:24 PM, Mark J cleary wrote:
I am getting ready to buy a Tacx Direct Drive Trainer. The options are.
 1 Tacx Neo 2T     the top of the line
2 Tacx Fluid 2  below and less money
3 Tacc Fluid S Less money still
 I Can get the Fluid S easily the cheapest and should be fine. The Neo 2t is like $300 more cash but has better power accuracy and actually can work with no electricity. I have never used a direct drive trainer so anything will be an upgrade from my Saris wheel one fluid trainer. ]
 Does anyone have one of these and use them or have any information directly they used them or up close. Naturally I did the DC Rainmaker check he is the fitness guru with amazing information.
I think you have the models a bit mixed up
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/c/sports-fitness/indoor-trainers/#indoorcyclingproducts
The Neo 3M is top of the line - $2K
The 2T is $1400
They don't have "Fluid" line, they have a "Flux" line
BTW, the Flux 2 ad Flux S are on sale, greatly reduced prices.
Flux 2 was $899, now $499
Flux S was $749, now $399
The flux S seems like the best deal. The specs show that the Flux 2 has a bit more power management, but probably won't mean much if you can't put out more than 1500 watts (not to make assumptions, but if you can do that I'd be more than a little impressed).
I've never used the Tacx, I've used the Kurt Kinetic, and now use the Wahoo Kickr. The Kickr made indoor cycling enjoyable since I was using the Wahoo RGT and Zwift platforms. I actually started looking forward to my indoor workouts.
--
Add xx to reply