Re: American Community Survey

Sujet : Re: American Community Survey
De : Soloman (at) *nospam* old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 02. May 2024, 19:06:19
On Thu, 02 May 2024 09:55:31 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

On Thu, 02 May 2024 12:15:59 -0400, Catrike Ryder
<Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

Got the request in the mail today...
They make it appear like it's related to my community

ACS is a program operated and funded by the US Census Burro.
<https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs>
They're not selling anything.

Somehow it found it's way into the trash when I tossed out the other
"resident of" garbage.

I go along with stating my name and age every ten years, but this
other crap is none of their business.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your data is their
business.

No, it's not.  They don't need to know how many times I've been
married, how long I've lived in my present address, and how much
college I've had.

You might not like it, but it's your tax dollars that are
supporting such data collection at the federal level.

Of course it's tax dollars that funds it

It's not too late to join the herd.  You can fill out the survey
online:
<https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/respond/respond-online.html>

No can do. It requires the code that was printed on the thing that's
deep down in the trash can under the greasy rags I used to clean my
chain.