Re: Sartorius muscle cramps... again

Sujet : Re: Sartorius muscle cramps... again
De : theise (at) *nospam* panix.com (Ted Heise)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 17. May 2024, 02:45:44
On Thu, 16 May 2024 20:10:15 -0400,
  Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

 Once again, on today's ride, I had sartorius muscle cramps. The
 Sartorius muscle runs from the outside of the hip to the inside
 of the knee. It's very long and very thin. I've had cramps in
 that muscle ever since I first started riding the Catrike.

 It only happens on long rides. I'll have first one side cramp
 and then the other. A short rest is all it takes for it to go
 away. No other muscles are a problem. Yes, I drink lots of
 water. I drank four 24 oz bottles of Gatorade and one of clear
 water today on a 60 mile ride. I had oatmeal for breakfast with
 a banana, and my usual two cups of coffee.

 Does anyone else have that problem?

 Or is it just me with the Catrike.

I've not had problems with that particular muscle (that I recall),
but have found this website to be quite helpful for tracking down
culprit muscles...

https://thewellnessdigest.com/sartorius-muscle-hip-upper-thigh-and-knee-pain/

Not sure about the "trigger point" aspects, but understanding the
anatomy and the way the muscles work has been helpful when I've
needed physical therapy.

One of those experiences was for a deep bruise when I lost my
balance getting off the tandem and fell full force on my butt onto
concrete.  All three levels of gluteus muscles were
involved--getting at the minimus (for stretching) was challenging,
but needed.  The information from this site helped me understand
what the therapist was trying to do--and also helped guide them a
bit.

--
Ted Heise      <theise@panix.com>       West Lafayette, IN, USA