Re: Tire patch failure

Sujet : Re: Tire patch failure
De : funkmasterxx (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (zen cycle)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 05. Jun 2024, 11:34:11
On 6/4/2024 2:58 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/4/2024 1:06 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:

I collected two old leaky tire tubes and proceeded to patch them. I've
patched many tire and never had any problems. The patches all leaked
and I discovered I could pull them off.  I patched them again and
pulled them off again. The patches were labeled "Thumbs Up," made in
China, and came in a large quantity. The tubes were Continental.  Has
anyone else used these patched or had this problem. At any rate,
beware what I believe is a faulty product.

Can't comment on whatever product you have there but the chemistry of good patching systems (Tech,  Rema) is zinc-rich to make a very strong bond known as 'cold vulcanization'.
 https://techtirerepairs.com/company/
 Things which look a lot like patches may lack actual capacity for a good bond.
 BTW it's a patching system- cleaner, cement and patch formulated to make cross linked bonds together.
 Further to that:
https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Zinc-Based-Curing-Activators%3A-New-Trends-for-Zinc-Mostoni-Milana/671465bfbffb17da58903f8bf374a0479727c81b
lol....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5g2LLxKHg