Re: New and old story

Sujet : Re: New and old story
De : Soloman (at) *nospam* old.bikers.org (Catrike Ryder)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 13. Jun 2024, 13:10:23
On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 09:48:18 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
wrote:

Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2024 14:36:49 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

On 6/12/2024 2:31 PM, Zen Cycle wrote:
On 6/12/2024 1:35 PM, AMuzi wrote:
This caught my eye as I once started and ran a corporation
named Ariel. (tip o' the hat to James Starley)

https://cyclingindustry.news/auto-company-ariel-returns-to-bicycle-manufacture-after-92-years/

Prior to this, my only knowledge of Ariel was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk

"It's so quick, it can destroy your entire face"

And a follow-up with the V8 version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zNPFcn3pAw

Cool. Sort of a Lotus Super Seven for this new century.

Ariel is noted among wheelbuilders for the first
tangentially spoked wheel.

Nice, but I think I prefer the Lotus 7.

https://caterhamcars.com/us/models/the-range

The 7 seems  of been a basis for number of cars, used be kit cars versions
as well.

Indeed. I once drove one, a Blakely Bantam. It was cute and fast, but
not a Lotus 7.

Plus lotus cars and know how being used on all sorts of cars.