Re: RE: First Ride on Moser M82

Sujet : Re: RE: First Ride on Moser M82
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 18. Jun 2024, 18:53:04
On 6/17/2024 7:22 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Mon Jun 17 16:03:37 2024 Tom Kunich  wrote:
I tried to believe Andrew that the quick release and the knurled washer on the outside of the read wheel axle would hold it in place but either the quick release wasn't strong enough or the knurling didn't work well enough and the rear wheel moved in the dropouts and dragged on the brake.

This made for a very hard first ride.

The steel Moser frameset I still have that will only accept 25 mm tires handled exceptionally well. The latest M82 handles even better fast and slow.

I will have to replace the bars with 38's though
   I ordered a set of Deda bars that were cheap and I pulled the Superteam wheels off of the Fondriest X Status took off the 6 pawol Campy freehub and replaced it with a 6 pawl Shimanoo. Interesting manner to change these out but that is for another time. The wheels work well but there is still excess play in the rear dropouts, The anglesof the dropouts on the columbus carbon fiber rear triangle is not quite correct and you have to slam the rear wheel in to get it to seat. Both the front dropouts and the rear dropouts are a little too large which canses the alignment problem. That is slightly new to me.
 Another interesting thing about the Fondriest is that you might have rememberd that the headset felot like it was too tight and you couldn't ride tghe bike. Well over the last few months of sitting around that problem apears to have resolved itself and the headset appears to be perfectly set qand operable now.
 I have no idea of why that is but perhaps it was the elves.
 Tomorrow's ride will have about 1,500 feet of climbing in 27 miles so that will bed a good test of the Moser to see if the wheels are still moving around in the dropouts. If I have any more problems with those stupid aluminum quick releases, I will install a set of the original Campy brass quick releases which are very positive locking. After I get a tool from Andrew I will reassemble the Campy Vento wheels and install them on the Fronfriest.
 Do not buy any Campy G3 wheels since you cannot get any replacement parts for them. The latest wheels with the G7 designation are modern technology with the pawls wired together and easily replaceable from Campy freehub to Shimano.
The Campagnolo hub design change was in 1999.
Your headset change was most probably a seal off center which has dropped back into place.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org