Re: Longer ride

Sujet : Re: Longer ride
De : worldoff9908 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (NFN Smith)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 21. Jun 2024, 19:55:39
Tom Kunich wrote:
I wonder if this has happened to anyone else who thinks that they
might have had covid-19 and then a large reduction in performance?
I'm still working off the rust of too many months of inactivity over the winter.  I was riding really well at the end of October, but for a variety of reasons, have had a hard time getting any consistency.  And it's just killing me that I'm mostly losing what I consider prime riding season of May and June.
Two weeks ago, I went out, and feeling not great, and I attributed that to the off-season lull, but a couple of days later, I got a positive diagnosis of COVID, where I was conscious of most of the usual symptoms.   I also notice that I lost nearly 5 pounds.
This week, I'm probably OK for riding, probably close to my current fitness levels, but I'm still getting my brain re-calibrated to being conscious about "go out and ride bike" again.  I hate it when I go so long over the winter that I have to start out from near-scratch again. Unfortunately, the only way that I'll get 500 miles of accumulated fitness is to actually ride 500 miles.  With my current schedule, it's going to take a while to get there.
Smith