Broken Clavicle anyone

Sujet : Broken Clavicle anyone
De : mcleary08 (at) *nospam* comcast.net (Mark J cleary)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 26. Jun 2024, 20:16:12
Group I went down in gravel May 20th at mile 43. Hard on my right side and I am right hand dominate. Got up thought probably broken collarbone, right hand on outside bloody. Well I road 11 miles to get home.
Prompt care they did exrays of clavicle broken comminated fracture midshaft. Boxer's fracture 5th and 4th metacarpals broken. Hip was fine. Had to wait a day to see ortho and then I saw his PA. He said the clavicle in a sling and chill. Hand given I am a jazz guitarist probably need to see the hand surgeon. They did a referral and other than that i had no other follow up with them,
May 31st hand pinning with 4 k wire pins in right hand under a local. That was weird 13 plus hours my arm just above elboq to the hand nothing, you could cut it off with a chain saw I would not have known.
Hip and let hurt a lot much soft tissue injury that might stick around more than the broken bones. Back on indoor trainer in a week. Been riding everyday that is going ok. Ride the trainer easier than taking a shower or getting out of bed.
So now just over 5 weeks the clavicle must be healed I can move my arm and shoulder no real pain but stiff and tight feeling. Bump and seems to be no exactly symmetrical but I expect that. Pins coming out next monday one worked out already but no problem they said. Re-moveable cast I take it off to shower and clean.
I can actually play the guitar fine with a pick but guitar under my arm and shoulder gets a bit painful after 30 minutes. Up to 35 miles a day on trainer that is all I can really do but putting out some watts. I can easily hold hoods and ride and apply pressure on arms to ride. I hope that means clavicle is healed mostly. Still hurts to walk certain way with hip on right side  '
9 years ago I went down on black ice broke hip. Was not a displaced fracture but potentiality and more serious injury. They did 3 screws in hip and I went back to riding in about 9 weeks outside but on trainer a week after hip pinning. Went back to running in 16 weeks.
This injury has been 10 times more painful and getting on a bike outside a bit scary now.
I take any thoughts or experiences anyone has had with broken clavicle and the like.
--
Deacon Mark