Re: Campagnolo tech update

Sujet : Re: Campagnolo tech update
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 06. Jul 2024, 15:23:16
On 7/6/2024 6:34 AM, zen cycle wrote:
On 7/5/2024 2:21 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/5/2024 11:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Fri Jul 5 10:45:14 2024 AMuzi  wrote:
I was on the telephone with Campagnolo Midwest this morning
with orders from over the Holiday. I asked if Ergo levers
ship with or without gear wires installed. They do, always,
ship with gear wire installed.

How much would you like to bet on that? My levers were 100% Cqmpagnolo and were not prewired. I SHOWED you on Eban new Chorus levers that hadn't been prewired.
 And because tommy can _never_ be wrong, the claim of the seller that they were NIB must be taken as gospel.

The Claim from that Campy representative who posted here was little more than propqagqnda.
 So, Andrew - who has been installing campy integrated shifters since they were first released - states unequivocally they every set he's ever installed is pre-wired, then follows up with an anecdote from his distributor saying they still always ship pre-wired, are wrong. But you - who bought a used set on ebay from a private seller who didn't stick the cables back in the box - are right.
 Face it skippy, you got screwed.....again. But that's OK, you can just go get a set of those special campy non-stretch shifter cables....right?

Perhaps Campy has been able to find counterfeit levers on Allie Express
 no one is saying they're counterfeit, dumbass. We're saying they were at least installed on a bike, then repackaged and sold to some sucker as 'new'.
  >> but you sure as hell
 >> won't find them on Ebay or they would be sued.
 lol....sure.

In my professional opinion, it's very likely that some guy tried these on his bike, changed his mind, put them back in the box and sold them on ebay. It's improbable that Campagnolo made one set differently just for you.

Do I know that? No. But there's my informed opinion.
 And it's a well-informed and experienced opinion. Tommy would be an idiot not to consider the seller was lying.

small correction:
Original Ergo-8 (1992) and the rebuildable Ergo Nine/Ten (1998) series shipped with cable sets in a separate box. Starting in 2006 the non-serviceable (lighter!) Ergo series (10, 11, 12 speed plus Ekar 13) ship with gear wires installed in the levers. Other cable components not included.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org