Re: Facebook Account

Sujet : Re: Facebook Account
De : jeffl (at) *nospam* cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 18. Aug 2024, 05:17:31
On Sat, 17 Aug 2024 23:37:29 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Apparently my letter to judicial watch had some effect on Facebook. They didn't restore my account but allowed me to opem a new one when faced with the loss of their 501(c)(3) status. Now all I have to do is figure out how to post to the salesx area.

The potential loss of 501(c)(3) status will have no effect on Facebook
(Meta) operations in foreign countries including UK.  None of the
countries (except US) where Facebook operates would care about its
Facebook's US tax status.  In other words, you're lying again.
Repeating the same lies several times isn't doing what's left of your
reputation much good.

I can tolerate liars to some degree.  Those can be found everywhere.
However, bad liars, who can't even contrive a believable story, are a
very different story.  Tom, you're intolerable.

I seem to recall demonstrating how you could check if Facebook is
registered as a charitable organization.  The short version is that
they are not currently a registered charitable organization and are
therefore unable to receive tax deductible charitable contributions.
See below:

(Aug 12, 2024)

501(c)(3) are for non-profit organizations.  Facebook is not a
non-profit and seems to be making a profit:
<https://www.statista.com/statistics/277229/facebooks-annual-revenue-and-net-income/>

"Tax Exempt Organization Search"
<https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/>

I found a listing for:
Facebook Community Fund
EIN: 83-0801066

<https://apps.irs.gov/pub/epostcard/cor/830801066_202206_990PF_2023102621787057.pdf>
Facebook Community Fund was dissolved June 23, 2022.  See bottom of
the
990-PF filing.  The most recent activities were $2.4 million in
undistributed income from 2019 to 2021.

Nothing resembling a charity under their new name, Meta Platforms Inc.
Hmm...
"Facebook Community Fund is under common control with Meta Platforms,
Inc. PAC.  However, Facebooks Community Fund does not have any
transactions with, or a historic and continuing relationship with Meta
Platforms, Inc. PAC."
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_Platforms>

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com