Re: Flunky Right?

Sujet : Re: Flunky Right?
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 30. Aug 2024, 22:10:55
On 8/30/2024 2:42 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2024 18:05:04 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

On Thu Aug 29 21:09:31 2024 Frank Krygowski  wrote:
On 8/29/2024 4:58 PM, cyclintom wrote:
I was going to ride to Pleasanton todau. But at the first stop light I lost the pedal! ... I got about two and a half miles up the road and the crankset began making crunching noises...

SO many problems!

-- - Frank Krygowski

That's because I actually ride my bike and you don't. Tell us everything you know about clipless pedals. I'm waiting.
 Tom, that's easy.  Here's what I know about your "standard Look Keo"
pedals:
 1.  You claimed "I lost the pedal".  Bicycles have two pedals.  How
you managed to lose only one pedal will be left to the imagination.
 2.  The standard pedal thread is 9/16 x 20 in LH and RH threads.  Your
"standard Look Keo" has 9 or 10 threads.  There is no way you could
have ridden a bicycle without noticing that one pedal was in the
process of unscrewing and falling off.
 3.  The only way I could make a pedal fall out while riding is to
switch the drivetrain from the right side to the left side of the
bicycle.  That effectively interchanges the LH and RH threads which
will cause both pedals to eventually unscrew.  Even so, it would be
very difficult to unscrew 9 or 10 threads in the distance to "the
first stop light".
 Now, I have a question.  Most of the online photos of you bicycles
show the left side, where the drive train is NOT visible.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/153690295@N06/>
Reputable bicycle manufacturers show the right side, where the drive
train is visible.  For example:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=trek+bicycles&udm=2>
Is the reason why you show the "wrong" side to hide your assembly
errors and workmanship deficiencies?
 I'm waiting for the inevitable accuasations and changes of topic.

Why left views?
Obfuscation.
Anything worth seeing is on the right, a.k.a. 'photo side'.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org