Re: Tomboy's Rants

Sujet : Re: Tomboy's Rants
De : slocombjb (at) *nospam* gmail.com (John B.)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 31. Aug 2024, 06:56:08
On Fri, 30 Aug 2024 17:52:50 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

On Fri Aug 30 07:59:52 2024 John B.  wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2024 21:07:55 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

On Thu Aug 29 08:26:34 2024 John B.  wrote:

Tommy objected to me adding my comments to his in a single post so
here is a separate version:

Tommy wrote
"John worked what was essentially manual labor. He never had any
technical training of any kind.

He is  correct in part. No I never received any technical training in
the Air Force as I was a licensed Aircraft and Powerplant (A&P)
mechanic, license issued by The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
and I had also a "licensed" Machinist by the New Hampshire Association
of Manufacturers stating that I was a qualified Machinist. Both
specialties are used by the A.F. so no training was required.

Tommy wrote:
His job after the military was the same thing - one of the military
subcontractors that cleans things on foreign bases. - cleaning the
toilets and restocking them, sweeping the runways, perhaps maintaining
the power supplies. This is largely fueling the generators since the
generators themselves are maintained by the factory reps.

Obviously Tom has no knowledge of how the Military (A.F. and Army)
operated in Thailand during the Vietnam thing. I assume in an attempt
to show lower costs The Air Force contracted all base maintenance and
services to civilian contractors. We, furnished and maintained nearly
the entire Base Electrical system - We furnished and maintained the
generators and the H.V. transmission system, the base motor pool, i.e.
all vehicles used by the Military and or company, , Water purification
and distribution, roads, runways and parking ramps,  and.. and ,
and...
Incidentally, sweeping the barracks and washing clothes was handled by
the Military through local contractors :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.

John what did you do with your A&P license in the Air Force?
Of what use is it being a machinist in the Air Force when they have
ALL completely manufactured parts?

More and more you exhibitor your ignorance of the  Air Force. Did you
really enlist? Or were you one of those that ran away to Canada in
terror that they might be drafted.
Could be as you lie about everything else  so why would we believe you
about your so called  enlistment in the A.F. You don't seem to know
anything about A.F. policies and operations so just maybe...

An  A&P license simply shows that you are qualified on airplanes which
the Air Force has an abundance of and thus is always looking for
qualified mechanics.

As for machine shops. I've never been on a base that didn't have at
least one... and there were Machinists at Guam when you had your short
stay there - what was it? 3 months? - as three guys from my shop were
TDY there.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Your lies are getting tiresome. Are you afraid to state your age because the will show that you have been lying all along? You never used your A&P because the Air Force does it differently.

Nope. The A.F. accepts a A&P licence as evidence that you do know
something about airplanes and gives you a 5 level A or E AFSC with no
training.

Tommy writes:  In 4 years in the AF I never saw one machine shop, but
according to ou they are common. I took machine shop in high school
and am perfectly familiar with whst machines comprise a machine shop.
Take your bullshit where someone might actually believe you.

Sorry Tommy in the 20 years I spent in the A.F. I never saw a Wing
maintenance organization that didn't have a Machine, Welding and Sheet
metal shop as part of the aircraft maintenance section. In fact at
least 3 of our guys from the Machine Shop  at Barksdale went. I didn't
have top go as the Shop Chief had a row with his wife and took my
place :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.