Re: drop bar Cues spotted

Sujet : Re: drop bar Cues spotted
De : am (at) *nospam* yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 05. Sep 2024, 14:54:08
On 9/5/2024 7:35 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
Cube bikes seemed to have  Shimano Cues drop bar at least an image of one.
 https://youtu.be/MQqu5g_0O4c?si=LfQv6Nw4NmiQNYf
 Be interesting to see which groupset do actually get replaced talk is that
be Tiagra down, though some bike companies and myself have mixed and
matched Tiagra with GRX, mainly using the GRX rear mech as it has a clutch
and can handle a bigger range cassette.
 Though would mean that MTB and road are cross compatible at least the
commuter/utility/leisure market as all use same cassette and rear mech,
which does have a Clutch but it’s quite soft in comparison to GRX or Deore
at least in my experience. Which is absolutely on the money for the
expected use case.
 It isn’t quite a smooth or as fast as Hyperglide systems but seems more
tolerant of less that ideal shifts, though my commute isn’t exactly hard in
that regard ie I’m mostly rolling along on the flat, with relatively few
stops.
 Roger Merriman

Official compatibility charts here:
https://si.shimano.com/en/cues/technical-assets-techdoc-techinfo
But as always Shimano is wan to suggest cross compatibility for different component series even when they function together well, as you note.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org