Re: Deep Mud

Sujet : Re: Deep Mud
De : jeffl (at) *nospam* cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 14. Sep 2024, 02:27:53
On Fri, 13 Sep 2024 15:47:42 GMT, cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Perhaps you forget my grandparents were Jewish.

Being Jewish is passed down through the maternal line.  I assume that
you're claiming to be Jewish.  If you're not claiming to be Jewish why
did you mention that your grandparents were Jewish?  Having Jewish
grandparents doesn't magically make you immune to criticism for acting
in an antisemitic manner.

Because your mother was not Jewish, you can't claim to be Jewish.

"Matrilineality in Judaism"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrilineality_in_Judaism>

--
Jeff Liebermann                 jeffl@cruzio.com