Re: And Yet Another purchase

Sujet : Re: And Yet Another purchase
De : frkrygow (at) *nospam* sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Groupes : rec.bicycles.tech
Date : 29. Sep 2024, 01:57:08
On 9/28/2024 11:44 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
cyclintom <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
 I get all of the fun while people like Frank ait and wonder why one steel
bike with a 6 speed friction group shouldn't be enough.
:-) Tom thinks Cannondales are steel.

I’d of said your both something of outliers, in that most folks don’t use
40 year old bikes with 5 speed friction shifters or keep swapping out
modern bikes’s and frames.

I personally tweak bikes to my liking over time I had them.
I'm sure I'm a bit of an outlier regarding keeping bikes running, but I'm not alone. I can think of several members of our club riding beloved old bikes.
And I heartily agree about tweaking. I've made many changes to every bike I ride, to get things just the way I prefer. I imagine that's common among posters here.
--
- Frank Krygowski