Re: [Wargamer] Hasbro CEO optimistic about AI in DnD and MTGs future

Sujet : Re: [Wargamer] Hasbro CEO optimistic about AI in DnD and MTGs future
De : spallshurgenson (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Groupes : rec.games.frp.dnd
Date : 15. Mar 2024, 15:32:40
On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:45:12 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/14/2024 5:16 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

The question would be though: why should I pay for stuff that just has
been artificially created? More than a few cents at least? If I am
paying for a book I am paying for the copy, yes, but I am also paying an
artisan (multiple ones really) for producing something of value to me.
If there is no actual person involved, why would I pay for it?

Because it's 'good enough' and you need a quick adventure or setting
for your next session, and don't have the time or energy to do it
yourself. Sure, AI-module might not have that same verve or spark to
it (or new ideas) that a hand-written adventure might, but if it has a
decent enough hook, a good map and some good loot, that might be
enough.

(and since the AI will be cribbing off thousands of hand-written
adventures already, it probably will have all those features)

Sure people might choose the cheaper option, but the cheaper option in
this case is not "pay for whatever WotC churns out" but "pirate whatever
you need".

Some people don't want to pirate, and if they do, they'll just as
likely infringe upon human-written stuff as AI generated.