Re: [Polygon] Larian Studios wont make any more Baldurs Gate games

Sujet : Re: [Polygon] Larian Studios wont make any more Baldurs Gate games
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (kyonshi)
Groupes : rec.games.frp.dnd
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 19:25:24
On 3/22/2024 4:20 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:40:47 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

Source:
https://www.polygon.com/24107939/baldurs-gate-3-larian-studios-no-more-dnd-wizards-of-the-coast

Larian Studios won’t make any more Baldur’s Gate games
 There's also a D&D survival video game in development, which
superficially sounds interesting (in many ways, D&D was the original
survival game, especially once outdoor adventures were introduced ;-)
but will probably just be the another "Ark: Evolved" or "Sons of the
Forest" except with a D&D skin applied to it. That it's being
developed by Gameloft - who primarily makes mobile games - doesn't
inspire a lot of hope either.

I would argue that Avalon Hill's Outdoor Survival was the original survival game.
Especially as original D&D used the map from that as their own game board. (which is I think because Dave Arneson did that in his campaign).
Wait a moment, isn't Avalon Hill by now owned by Hasbro? I sense some opportunity none of them have likely considered yet.
I don't have any belief in that survival game being any good. Unless Gameloft decides to actually put effort in this will be just random shit. And considering WotC is in milk-the-cash-cow mode right now, I doubt anyone will put actual effort into that.