[MSN.com] Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises DnD owner

Sujet : [MSN.com] Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises DnD owner
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Groupes : rec.games.frp.dnd
Date : 19. Apr 2024, 18:27:01
MSN.com still exists? It seems it does.
This hardly counts as news I guess, because after the success of BG3, is anyone surprised they want to have another one out ASAP to capture the success of the last one? Recipe for disaster IMHO, but well, WOTC's gonna WOTC.
Source: https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/baldur-s-gate-4-will-not-take-25-years-promises-dungeons-dragons-owner/ar-BB1lM86g
Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises Dungeons & Dragons owner
Story by Adam Starkey
With Larian Studios not making a sequel to Baldur’s Gate 3, Hasbro is already in talks with other studios for the next game – but who could they be?
Baldur’s Gate 3 was one of the biggest game of 2023, with its critical and commercial success confirming developer Larian Studios as one of the most talented studios working today.
While that level of success would make most studios double down on DLC and a sequel, Larian announced last month it isn’t doing either – with the developer moving away from the Dungeons & Dragons licence entirely for its next game.
The owner of that licence, Hasbro and Wizards Of The Coast, has now stated it is actively in talks with other developers about partnering up for Baldur’s Gate 4 – but they aren’t in a ‘rush’ to make any decision yet.
Speaking at the Baftas, senior vice president of digital strategy and licensing at Hasbro, Eugene Evans, said: ‘We’re now talking to lots of partners and being approached by a lot of partners who are embracing the challenge of, what does the future of the Baldur’s Gate franchise look like?
‘So we certainly hope that it’s not another 25 years, as it was from Baldur’s Gate 2 to 3, before we answer that. But we’re going to take our time and find the right partner, the right approach, and the right product that could represent the future of Baldur’s Gate.