Re: OneDnD seems to mainstream psionics

Sujet : Re: OneDnD seems to mainstream psionics
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Groupes : rec.games.frp.dnd
Date : 26. Apr 2024, 10:52:46
On 4/25/2024 11:43 PM, Justisaur wrote:
On 4/25/2024 10:57 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
On 4/25/2024 6:16 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

Don't forget warlocks, which didn't use to be a thing but now are. On the other hand it sounds as if those they want to have are just variations on fighters and thieves instead of proper psions.
 Warlocks and Sorcerers were both added in 3.5e  I liked the iterations in that edition much better.  They both feel like they should be sub-classes and in optional books.  Do you really need 3 charisma based arcane full caster base classes in the PHB?  Heck there's only 2 full physical classes.
Warlocks were introduced in 3.5? Must have missed that, but I got disinterested about that edition pretty quick. I burned out on 3e back in the day and got completely turned off when 4e came around. That's when I shifted to older editions.

 As much as I love psionics, I'd prefer it also in another optional book as they're loading too much into the PHB already.
I do like psionics, and I am using the Old School Psionics supplement for my homebrew rules (after trying to adapt the 3.5 psion to b/x at one point). I think they might fit into the world at large if you flavor them right. I think about something like "mystics" (which is a word that also was used for monks in DnD which makes this awkward), which leans into traditions of various mystics from all over the world.
--
microblog:   https://dice.camp/@kyonshi
macroblog:   https://gmkeros.wordpress.com