Re: OneDnD seems to mainstream psionics

Sujet : Re: OneDnD seems to mainstream psionics
De : gmkeros (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Groupes : rec.games.frp.dnd
Date : 23. May 2024, 12:28:40
On 5/23/2024 9:57 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
In article <v0gdb2$3o4p8$1@dont-email.me>, justisaur@yahoo.com wrote:
On 4/26/2024 1:52 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
On 4/25/2024 11:43 PM, Justisaur wrote:
On 4/25/2024 10:57 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
On 4/25/2024 6:16 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

Don't forget warlocks, which didn't use to be a thing but now are. On
the other hand it sounds as if those they want to have are just
variations on fighters and thieves instead of proper psions.

Warlocks and Sorcerers were both added in 3.5e  I liked the iterations
in that edition much better.  They both feel like they should be
sub-classes and in optional books.  Do you really need 3 charisma
based arcane full caster base classes in the PHB?  Heck there's only 2
full physical classes.

Warlocks were introduced in 3.5? Must have missed that, but I got
disinterested about that edition pretty quick. I burned out on 3e back
in the day and got completely turned off when 4e came around. That's
when I shifted to older editions.

Complete Arcane player's handbook. I did have someone play it.  It felt
very underpowered, but it had a lot more sustain with eldritch blast
than wizards.  It's much better balanced in 5e
 If memory serves, Warlocks in 3.x could cast Eldritch Blast whenever they
wanted, a rule a min-maxer friend of mine used for his PCs.

If I remember well the Eldritch Blast was just an option. One that overshadowed all the other possibilities, which is why they made it the main feature for the next edition.