Re: ( Antimetabole, Chiasmus ) ---- Correctly Grouped?

Sujet : Re: ( Antimetabole, Chiasmus ) ---- Correctly Grouped?
De : HenHanna (at) *nospam* dev.null (HenHanna)
Groupes : rec.puzzles
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 22:31:30
(posting only in rec.puzzles)
Ross Clark wrote:

On 5/04/2024 11:46 p.m., Ammammata wrote:
HenHanna formulated on Friday :
Here's why: -- Antimetabole involves the repetition
                   of the same words in a reversed  order
 I read this somewhere, maybe related to someone brain:
               On the left there's nothing right, on the right there's nothing left.

....or a political situation?

I guess it's like the old Soviet joke:

There's no news in "Truth", and no truth in "News".

*There were two major national newspapers in the USSR:
   - "Pravda" [truth], published by the Central Committee of the Communist Party, largely devoted to party policy
   - "Izvestia" [news], published by the Supreme Soviet (government), mainly foreign news

There's no news in "Truth", and no truth in "News".
                    the 2nd part is what Trump has been saying for several years.

Or is it like:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

?
       did you hear the one about  Horticulture?
    Why is there so much  affinity between ( Antimetabole, Chiasmus )   and Wit?
      ---------- i suppose Freud has already analyzed that well in his famous book.
         (posting only in rec.puzzles)