Listen to the whining from JH!

Sujet : Listen to the whining from JH!
De : Chadweasel274 (at) *nospam* zoho.com (Davey Zimmerman #274)
Groupes : rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Date : 11. Apr 2024, 02:06:49
Another day of Beefy begging, spamming, whining and posting other
people's stuff is coming to a close because porn just doesn't watch
itself, dammit.

But let's deconstruct the first of his whines today. College, as in: how
many times has Beefy dropped out and how badly it failed him.

"Beefy: In the 22 years between 1988 when I should've gone to college
and 2010 when I did, tuition and lodging at Western Michigan University
increased 1140% I did the math, to the penny."

Of course he didn't show the work or break down the individual costs.
Nor was there any mention of grants, aid or ripping off Beth Aultman and
other marks and mooching victims.

A quick search but by no means authoritive just to get a ball park
figure: "The cost of tuition and required fees for in-state students at
public institutions was $3,220 in 1988".

This didn't include the other expenses like housing, eating and books.
It also didn't include grants, student aid and loans.

For 2011?

"In 2011, Western Michigan University (WMU) reported that a full-time,
out-of-state freshman or sophomore would pay $23,270 for the entire
academic year. The total cost of attendance for in-state students is
$28,753, while the total cost for out-of-state students is $32,216. The
net price is the average cost of the university after aid and
scholarship funds are discounted from the total cost. For in-state
students receiving need-based aid, the net price is $18,641 on average,
while for out-of-state students, it is $24,257 on average"

So that's 18K after loans, housing and the like. But they are apples and
oranges. Even so, 11 times the cost between the two years? Beefy is full
of it. "Beefy: The base cost of college was *eleven times higher* in the
space of 22 years. It literally doubled every two years, for over two
decades, and who knows what it's done since but it sure hasn't gone
down."

Debunked.

Beefy: The reasons for this are myriad but one thing is for certain:
Our higher education system is entirely broken, fundamentally based on a
stupid, unethical, and losing idea that education should be profitable
first and "educational" ranks somewhere below having a half-assed
football team and soliciting lucrative international students whose
governments pay their (even higher) tuition for them. If you went to
school before 1999 and think you've got some argument that changes that
reality and validates the notion that these darn kids are just looking
for a free ride and they ought to pay their bills because you did,
you're an absolute chump and what's more your education was completely
wasted as you clearly missed the part about how to think.""

The irony.

Beefy also leaves out the important parts like how employers would pay
your tuition if you went to college after work. I did that myself.