Re: Memristor cross bar arrays for faster AI neural nets and math?

Sujet : Re: Memristor cross bar arrays for faster AI neural nets and math?
De : alien (at) *nospam* comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 13:56:53
On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Mar 2024 08:55:59 +0000) it happened
liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham) wrote in
<1qqnsje.160u1is1cm93gcN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>:

Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid> wrote:

Mechanical, old 78 rpm records store even music.

They were also used for data.  The WWII transatlantic telephone
scrambler system used "one-time records" (like a one-time pad) to
synchronise the encoding and decoding of the audio bands.

(I'm not sure where I came across that, but I think it could be hidden
away in either the 'cdvandt' or the Crypto museum websites.)

Some googling found it:
 https://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/usa/sigsaly/index.htm

Some setup!