Survivor!

Sujet : Survivor!
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 11:03:02
Hi all,

Just a quick one. But first, I'd just like to reiterate that I'm
noting your comments on the ripple thread and will deal with them in
due course when i have a couple of hours to spare next Sunday.
Yesterday I had 2 minutes to waste so I blew up another electrolytic
capacitor - or rather I *tried* to. A 10uF 10V cap across the output
of a variac with Vo set to 240VAC. There was a considerable *pop* but
no bang and it turned out the T3.15 Amp fuse in the variac had blown
spectacularly - but the cap had survived unscathed! Tested fine for
capacitance and ESR! I never would have believed it. Just wondering
how the hell it didn't get destroyed...

CD.