Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin

Sujet : Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin
De : bill.sloman (at) *nospam* ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 24. Mar 2024, 05:47:00
On 24/03/2024 12:31 pm, John Larkin wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:14:12 -0700, Don Y
<blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

On 3/23/2024 3:00 PM, bitrex wrote:
Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!" owners
of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to pitch in to save
their property from the rising sea:

<https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>

I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them dirty poors
are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the state! Ack here
comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub, glub..."

I suspect even the farmers in the flyover states are starting to realize
that their primary asset (acreage) can't be relocated if the local climate
makes it "unproductive" ("Hey!  Let's put up a WINDFARM!!")
 https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/fig1.jpeg
 This pattern extends over many crops and many countries.
But it's unlikely to persist as global warming gets worse. Pest control isn't much help if the crop isn't growing any more.

[Latest surveys continue to show increasing (US) belief in climate change...
the differences seem to be who/how to deal with it:  "MY assets should be
protected but why should *I* have to bear that cost?"]

Disney will be the Florida property to watch.  Far enough from the coast to
not be immediately threatened (and, able -- at some expense -- to move
their "attractions" elsewhere) yet likely keenly aware that the long
term play doesn't seem to be to remain in place...
 Disney World is about 160 feet above sea level. At the current sea
level rise, it will get wet in about 20,000 years. But of course,
we'll have another ice age well before that, and sea level will drop.
There's about 10 metres - 30 feet - of sea level rise in the Greenland and West Antarctic ice sheets.They aren't melting all that fast at the moment, but when they start sliding off into the ocean  thing will move a lot faster, as James Hansen has pointed out.
We aren't going to have another ice age in 20,000 years - we've already had enough global warming to make that impossible.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney