Re: $400 keyboard

Sujet : Re: $400 keyboard
De : dont (at) *nospam* emailme.com (Wanderer)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 26. Mar 2024, 13:52:43

On John Larkin wrote:
On the other hand,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWCFH57N

Do you actually use protoboard like this? I usually went directly to PCBs.
If I used protoboard, I would use the no copper perfboard and just bend
leads and use jumper wire. The copper on the boards just got in the way.
For surface mount I liked the 'surfboards' without the leads. Double stick
tape them to copper clad and use that as a ground plane. I always believed
I could of designed the surfboards better. For one, they should have had
copper clad on the back so I could use that as the power plane and then
double stick tape it to the ground plane.