Re: Microcontroller (AVR) programming from smartphone

Sujet : Re: Microcontroller (AVR) programming from smartphone
De : clive (at) *nospam* nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 27. Mar 2024, 14:48:26
On 27/03/2024 11:08, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 27/03/2024 05:10, RodionGork wrote:
Hi Friends!

Briefly: considering ways of uploading code to microcontroller (particularly some Atmel's AtMega - same as used for Arduino) from the smartphone.
 <snip>

- blinking data with display and catching it with photo-transistor attached to ADC or digital pin, haven't tried for it seems like bitrate would be very low (even though we generally need to upload firmware of few dozens bytes).
 Maybe play a suitable (uncompressed?) video with bits encoded as frames? Don't ask me how, just a thought.

Thus I'm open to any ideas / hints / articles on improving either of these two approaches - or perhaps something completely different which I may have missed.

With, for example, an MJPEG file playing, you could have say a grid of 3x4 or more squares, each with a different file encoded.  Select your file simply by placing your phototransistor in the appropriate square.
Also, using an RGB phototransistor (if there is such a thing, if not three phototransistors with filters) could triple the data rate.
--
Cheers
Clive