Re: Politicaly correct?

Sujet : Re: Politicaly correct?
De : user (at) *nospam* example.net (bitrex)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 31. Mar 2024, 05:45:57
On 3/30/2024 6:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 3/30/2024 12:15 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
There is this attitude, especially in the US and muslim countries,
that nudity is reprehensible, more so than physical violence. This
is weird and borderline insane.

The problem is that if you've been raised in that environment,
it's almost impossible to change.
 Dunno.  I have been accustomed to seeing women disrobing in stores
(without the benefit of a "changing room") to try on clothing ever
since I can recall "shopping".  Or, wearing scant little "in public",
let alone at beaches, etc.
 Here (SW US), it is not uncommon to encounter women "letting it all
hang out" -- even in professional positions.
 So, assuming the *nation* defines the "environment" is a gross
generalization.

Not surprised that the practice developed at USC; mixing business and pleasure is the "California Style" style of engineering, like wearing ratty T-shirts and cargo shorts to the office, which also likely has foozball tables, a full bar, 55" video game screen/man cave and on-demand sushi and strippers, and all that.
Not much hardware design goes on in New England anymore but I'm definitely more a fan of the "New England"-style of wearing a shirt and tie to the office and leaving the centerfolds, video games, and generalized baby bullshit at the door.